Friday 5 March 2010

How much is that laaady in the window?

So itching for something a little less commercial, I got talking to a young feller in the lift, an Aussie pilot for Qantas. And we know what those boys are like. He suggested a trip to Singapore's Orchard Towers A.K.A Four floors of whores. It sounded intriguing, so in a taxi I popped. The funniest bit was when he said to the taxi driver 'Four floors o' whores please mate' and the guy instantly went 'Ok!' When I asked him if he went there he was like 'Nooo...' where I expected him to then quantify with, 'I would never go to a place like that', instead he said 'I can't afford it'. Amazing.

So the place was full to busting of girls, drunk men and the Asian speciality, lady boys. Not very good ones though, they had five o'clock shadow like you wouldn't believe. The higher up the shopping centre you go, the better the quality of girl. It was sort of sad to see all these young girls with these fat western men, but there were a lot of local men there too. Apparently $150 Singapore dollars will get you a girl for the night (according to a Scottish steelworker who took a bit of a shine to me, thinking I was up for it ("I'd pay a thousshhand for you..."). The girls' toilets were full of them pouting and preening, while the men's was stacked to the brim with condoms for sale.

So the rest of the time has been pounding the streets, talking to people, finding out where to go. Saw some b-boys and gals in an underpass which was pretty kewl.

But I can't leave without sharing this final image with you that resides on the back of a popular bus here...They didn't come, did they Kev? By God I wish you'd take this back...



No comments:

Post a Comment